Monday, August 4, 2008

My review of the movie "Step Brothers"


Yesterday evening my fiance and I went to the movie "Step Brothers" starring Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly. It wasn't a movie that I was gung-ho on seeing but I figured, 'ah what the hell', I have enjoyed Will Ferrell's movies in the past and I really liked him on SNL. To tell you the truth it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, I laughed quite a few times thoughout it. Will and John make a funny team and I also enjoyed them in "Talladega Nights". There were some parts that I thought fell a little short when they were bickering back and forth, but overall it wasn't bad. I also really enjoy the acting of Mary Steenburgen, she always adds warmth to a movie for me. All in all I would give this movie a 7 out of 10 rating. As of right now this movie has a 50% rating on the Rotten Tomatoes Website

One thing I really hate is when they show most of the best parts of the movie in the trailer/screener. (But that is another discussion in itself that I will leave for another day.)

No comments: