Friday, August 8, 2008

My Donation Research Mission Begins Here

Ever since I was very young I have always wanted to sponser a child in a 3rd world country. Those commercials on television always found their way into my heart. The thing is I am pretty much living pay cheque to pay cheque so it's a lot harder to do than I thought it would be, hense, I haven't signed up with any organization to do so yet.

Also I have come to realize, I need to do some background research, to make sure my hard earned money is actually getting to the children and not just going in the pocket of some big company who only claims to be helping the less fortunate. In my opinion if the 80 percent or more of the donation money goes directly to helping the cause it's worth it, because obviously it does take money to run a charitable organization.

So I have come up with an idea, because I don't really have the money to donate or sponsor on a regular basis, I am going to do my part this way, by researching charitable and non profit organizations and then posting the reputable ones here on my blog to make my readers aware of them. I will be researching all different types of charities, such as for children in need, adults in need and even animals in need and so on. I may not post a new one every day because I will still have other topics I want to post about, but I will add new organizations as much as possible. In a small way this makes me feel like I am doing my part to help out others in need.

Please visit the
Everything Charitable Forum and feel free to discuss and share anything of a Charitable nature there....

2 comments:

kiwimeg said...

What a cool idea! I will definately be checking back to read your findings!!

Mary-Ann said...

Great! I guess I really should get my butt in gear and get some info posted then! lol Thanks Kiwimeg :)